Congratulations on your admission to the Berkeley MDes Program!
The Berkeley Master of Design (MDes) program integrates human-centered design with an informed understanding of technology to prepare you to excel in creative practices today and design the thoughtful technologies of tomorrow.
Our core courses provide fluency in emerging technologies and essential skills in design process, prototyping, and communication. Technical electives and offerings in social practice and entrepreneurship allow you to deepen your study at Berkeley in meaningful and relevant ways.
We believe our program, given its interdisciplinary approach and unique focus on design, technology, and creative contribution, is well-suited to your academic interests and professional goals.
On this page, you’ll find a growing list of resources, next step instructions, ways to connect with your future classmates and faculty, and important dates as you prepare to begin your Master of Design degree at UC Berkeley!
DATES + DEADLINES
- WEEK OF JAN 11, TBD: UC Berkeley Graduate Orientations
- JAN 15: Berkeley MDes Orientation
- JAN 19: Start of Berkeley MDes Classes
CONNECT & LEARN
Learn more about each other @ MDes Student Cohort Profiles
- MDes Fall 2020 Workshops
- Admitted Student FAQ’s
- MDes Deferral of Admission Policy
- COVID-19 Information for Berkeley Graduate Students
- Berkeley Graduate Student Resources overview
- Berkeley Housing information
- For international students: quick link to the International Offices; an arrival guide; and immigration policies
- Admitted Student Newsletter Archive: 4/24, 5/8, 5/22, 6/5, 6/19, 7/3, 7/31