04/12/2021 12:00 am
The Jacobs Institute and the Berkeley MDes are looking to hire Creative Design Instructors to be part of the newly launched UC Berkeley MDes. We are seeking talented creative partitioners across a range of disciplines to teach fall and spring semester courses, as well as summer topics, and workshops.
Applications to join our lecturer pool open April 12, 2021, and will be reviewed by the search committee, as needed, for positions in Summer 21, Fall 21 and Spring 22 courses and workshops.
Please consider joining the program as an instructor and contributing to our dynamic creative community! We invite creative design practitioners and technologists with expertise in the following areas to apply:
- Design history, theory, methods and/or discourse
- Design ethics
- Universal design
- Human-centered design
- Co-creation and design process
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Product design/industrial design
- Interactive design
- UI/UX design and user testing methods
- Human computer/robot interaction
- Data analysis and visualization
- Information mapping
- Systems and networks
- Design and systems thinking
- Design process including needs-finding, user research, problem framing, ideation and concept generation, and/or prototyping, etc.
- Visual communication: sketching, story-boarding, portfolio development, video, and/or presentation
- Narrative and storytelling in visual, written, and/or audio formats
- 2D and 3D prototyping and fabrication, including physical and/or digital methodologies
- Design technologies: embedded software development, circuit design, mechatronics, wired and wireless communication, web application development, programming and/or coding
- Emerging/new technologies: computer vision, voice, speech recognition, augmented and virtual reality, autonomous mobility, robots, sensors and sensing technologies, artificial intelligence, mobile computing,
- Commercialization, manufacturing, IP
For more information and to apply please see this link.